Tuesday 24 September 2013

Hey Doll Face

'I love glamour and artificial beauty. I love the idea of artifice and dressing up and makeup and hair' - Dita Von Teese

Ok.. I really am planning on making this more of a vintagey style blog rather than a beauty and makeup blog but then I thought, hey!! makeup is part of my era and the glamour in which I love comes from being able to create that! Unfortunately I wasn't born with satin smooth picture perfect skin, I have blonde eyelashes and eyebrows which means I am able to pass very convincingly as an albino who has died their hair and I also suffer from the worst under eye bags which have ever existed, even after 12 hours beauty sleep! 

What I love about the era in which I dress is that beauty and glamour can be created. I am amazed at the women who can leap out of bed, put their hair up and look stunning, I am also incredibly envious! But on the other hand I love my makeup. I enjoy doing my face everyday, I like having the patience to slowly build up what ever I am trying to achieve, to learn different methods of applying and see improvements. Many will disagree with me but I genuinely feel like make up is art and I am the little old painter with his palette trying to create what ever tickles his fancy today! Dear lord I sound like a crazy old bat but it is just how I feel!

I was thinking of doing a before and after photo but the before photos were so shocking and not something I wish the world and his dog to view! Therefore I have just included my whole makeup case, what I use in 'everyday' makeup and then plan to do separate posts reviewing single items of my makeup over time! 

My makeup box

Things I slap on my face -
Soap & Glory - Feel Good Factor SPF25
MAC - Prep + Prime
Benefit - Boing concealer
MAC - Studio Fix Fluid in NW10
MAC - Studio Fix Powder
Bourjois - Blusher in Frosted Rose
MAC - makeup brushes no. 187 (foundation brush), 150 (blusher brush) & 195 (concealer brush)
QVS - compact powder brush 


My go to lippy things -
Aloe Vera Vaseline (20 minutes before putting lipstick on)
MaxFactor - Colour Elixir Lip Liner in 10 Red Rush
MAC - Matte Ruby Woo
Soap & Glory - Sexy Mother Pucker in Yummy Plum


As I have already done a post on my eyemakeup I won't bore you with the details again but I will mention I have invested in a new eyeliner which I am getting on much better with!!
Rimmel London - Glam'Eyes

The finished product!!! Please ignore my stroke face lips and ever so attractive hair rollers! The last photo is of a different day and therefore different lipstick. I prefer the photo more but I think that is due to the quality being poor and I love a little blur around the edges to make everything seem peachy! 




Reviews on individual products to come in due course!
xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment