Monday 23 September 2013

Hollywood Glamour Bedroom Inspiration

Good morning! Or even afternoon now I guess! 
I was planning on doing a makeup blog today and I have spent the morning rummaging through my draws looking for some nice lacy material to photograph my makeup against (attempting to be artistic now that I have a fancy camera to use!!) During my rummaging and mess creating I became a little sidetracked and came across a lovely little surprise! Long long ago I purchased beautiful dress/top/pretty thing, which after buying I decided it didn't suit me or whatever look I was planning to achieve at the time and therefore it got shoved into a bottom draw. But fortunately it is making a comeback!

How ever I have tried to photograph this, it looks incredibly unflattering at every angle, maybe it is very unflattering but I am not sure I really care! I have been craving pretty loungewear for a long while now, as my wardrobe only really consists of dresses and skirts and nothing that I can slob about my flat in without actually looking like a slob! But I think I have found the answer! It is made with lace and chiffon, is quite loose and flowing and I could probably do yoga in it if I really feel the need... that is how comfortable it is! Yet it is far more pretty than any hoody or onesie or any other comfy lazy day clothing I have come across! 







Anyway enough verbal caressing of my new comfy clothes... after finding this item I have spent most of my afternoon researching vintage nightwear and pyjamas, without much luck. The genuine everyday sleepwear for everyday people usually consists of neck to toes nightys that look like tents and just no! I then wondered into Hollywood Glamour sleepy time clothes and oh my gosh I am in love. But I fell more in love with the bedrooms! The late 50's to 60's is an era I don't really spend much time on as I prefer the clothes of earlier years but when it comes to their decorating I love it!

I have created a little folder of images as inspiration for redecorating my bedroom and thought I would share it with you! I hope you enjoy! 










xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment