Friday 20 September 2013

Jolies Culottes!

I love the idea of being a collector, and I spent a good while the other day thinking about what I would love to collect. My ideal collection would be of old classic cars but until I win the lottery that isn't going to be happening. I then flicked through the ideas of tea cups, vintage compacts and china dolls. Although all of these are fascinating (I actually researched collections of all of these, too much time on my hands maybe?) I figured I am not in love with the object but of the idea of being a collector. I read blogs of collectors and they have so much passion for whatever they are collecting! I am just thinking about it because it seems like a cool idea!

Then however I thought, well what do I REALLY love?  What have I got a serious soft spot for and what do I actually own quite a lot of already? Why my lingerie of course! Ever since I was about 13 I have had a little bit of a passion for any underwear! I remember going to Primark (yes I am a classy lady) when I was 15 with my friend Annabelle and buying my first thong, it was a hideous piece of string that is now fortunately long gone, but it was SO exciting to own something that felt a little bit racy yet no one ever saw or even knew about! That is how I feel about all of my lingerie and I will not purchase it unless it gives me the special feeling of 'I feel absolutely beautiful right now and no one knows why'! 


It's probably a little unusual to blog about your underwear but I have included just a few of my favorite pieces which are not too extreme in that I can't wear them everyday but they make me feel a little special when I do! This is only a small chunk of my 'collection', I have just sat and gone through all of my lingerie and I actually think I have more underwear than actual clothes in my wardrobe!! (I did throw out my WHOLE wardrobe 9 months ago so I was able to refill it with only vintage style items). 


This is one of my favourite 'pretty' sets, my photography skills are shocking but the detail in the roses are absolutely beautiful! It is from La Senza, but was purchased before they gave themselves a makeover, I'm not a huge fan of La Senza anymore, I feel like the new ranges they do are screaming 'stripper' at me, although I have only been in there once and briefly so I may be mistaken! 


This set and also the set below are both from Ann Summers, who ALWAYS surprise me with their underwear! I absolutely adore this set! It makes me want to take a bath in diamonds and pearls, yes I know that's a bit extreme as it is only underwear but I love it! It feels super expensive and always reminds me of the classy expensive lingerie shops in which I can only afford to look in and not buy, despite only being Ann Summers!


As I said before this is another set from Ann Summers, which is beautiful but I do struggle on occasions to wear it! As is it so frilly (the knickers actually have a full on frilly skirt like a tutu!!!) I am unable to wear it under anything tight i.e. a pencil skirt, as it makes me look very lumpy. But when the occasion does arise it makes me feel very special!


This doesn't really count as my underwear but the accessories that accompany an outfit can be just as important as an outfit itself! I find tights the most unflattering and uncomfortable invention known to man kind, although this is just my personal preference and this stockings and holdups are so much more glamorous and attractive, and they also make you feel a little bit extra special. I accompany nearly almost all of my outfits with seamed stockings, these were incredibly fashionable throughout the 1920's to late 40's but it will take another whole post to go into detail on them so I will save it for another time!

Well this is a little peep into my collection so far! I would love to extend it to vintage lingerie. Obviously not to wear but to own and keep, just because I find the history of lingerie fascinating and so beautiful! This is my aim anyway but I will keep you updated if my collection grows!

Do any of you have any interesting collections? I would love to hear about it!
Kiss kiss 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment