Wednesday 23 October 2013

Shall We Dance?

Good evening beautiful people!

I have had the most fabulous weekend and thought it would be rude not to share what I have been up too... My lovely friend Jo is a dancer, an incredibly good one if I may say so, and I have just spent last Sunday watching her compete! I've never been before and it was amazing!!! The atmosphere, the beautiful dresses, the incredible dancing, gosh I can't even begin to explain it! Unfortunately I got incredibly swept up in the moment and was too busy watching to get many good photos, didn't even think to pick up my camera and snap away at the really cute 8 year old's ballroom dancing in their little suits and dresses! They also all move rather quickly so getting a good photo was pretty much impossible!








So.. there were two types of dancing (Jo competes in 12 different types, this was just on this particular day) which were ballroom and latin. The two most different types of dancing ever! I can't really explain much about them, I'm rather clueless but it was rather awe inspiring just watching. And the dresses I have fallen in love with and made myself a promise to make one! 

Unfortunately my outfit wasn't as eye catching or glittery as those on the dance floor but I have included a little outfit post! I really struggled with what is 'normal' to wear to these things. You obviously have all the dancers glammed up to the 9's (is that the right saying?), the pushy glamourous mothers of the cute little kids who dressed as though they were about to hit a very posh bar, and then the extreme of people in their comfy clothes and hoodys. Therefore I went for my 'go-to' casual day outfit....







Dress - Lindy Bop
Late 1950's Bag - eBay
Seamed Stockings - Present from my Grandma 
Shoes - Charity Shop

I also had my navy blue thick wool coat from Zara but didn't get any snaps of it, so I will therefore save it for another day!

Apologies for all the photo's, my blog is becoming more and more photo orientated rather than much content, but I doubt anyone would like to read me moaning on about old lady's clothes etc!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment